The Hellenic Wu’s Tai Chi Chuan Academy, based in Athens, is one of the fifteen Academies worldwide appointed and recognized by the renowned Wu Family and the International Wu Style Tai Chi Chuan Federation.
After the decision of the Great Master Wu Kwong Yu, our Academy represents the Wu Family, and has been entrusted for the propagation of the Wu style in the Mediterranean area, the Balkan Peninsula and of course, Greece. The Hellenic Academy is authorized to teach, test and certify Wu Tai Chi Chuan instructors, on behalf of the Wu Family and Grandmaster Wu Kwong Yu.
Our objectives are:
- To promote the learning of Wu style Tai Chi Chuan, as it is taught nowadays by the Wu family itself, the technical skills as well as the traditional culture.
- To teach the principles of Tai Chi Chuan as laid down in the Classics and as developed by the Wu Family.
- To follow Grandmaster’s Wu Kwong Yu encourage, “It is our aim to train students to develop their own potential to reach high standards in the art of Wu Style Tai Chi Chuan.”
- To endeavor to follow Grandmaster Wu Chien Chuan’s teaching, ‘Be amiable, be kind, be respectful, be modest, and be generous’.
- To encourage and welcome friendship and communication by other schools and styles.
We encourage and welcome like-minded people and training groups, from all over Mediterranean, Balkan and Greece, to come and share with us the learning with dedication and sincerity.